Monday, October 3, 2011

19

I learned...there's a difference between hyper/active and silly. A child can be both and as a teacher it's up to you to sense when they've crossed from hyper/active into silly.

Something great that happened was...being able to approach two parents at dismissal and discuss small issues that happened during the day. I felt confident and respected.

Something challenging that happened was...having a student tell me they don't like me because I made them "do boring things" - not easy to hear, but bound to happen eventually.

A question I have is...how do you guide children and maintain the structure of the classroom without making them not like you?

I wonder about...what's going on in the mind of a hyper/active child? Are they truly going 5 miles a minute? Do they realize it?

No comments:

Post a Comment