Tuesday, November 1, 2011

39

I learned...ignoring behaviors sends just as strong a message as paying attention to those same behaviors.

Something great that happened was...Jane and I had great professional discussions about some of the kids and some upcoming lessons, I felt like her co-teacher rather than a little intern.

Something challenging that happened was...Neila pitching a fit when I asked her to line up for gym. Some times you just have no idea how to handle the attitude.

A question I have is...why do some children feel that pitching fits is the best way to communicate?

I wonder about...the kids that are just humming along in the middle of the class, the ones who listen and follow directions and we don't say their names 500x a day - am I paying them enough attention then...

No comments:

Post a Comment