Thursday, November 10, 2011

49

I learned...that math book's shouldn't teach word problems in first grade until later in the year when more kids are reading! They can do the math, but not the reading!

Something great that happened was...feeling comfortable to speak up about a child during a conference. it felt great to ad my perspective and two cents about how the child is doing in the classroom.

Something challenging that happened was...watching a child brood and not knowing over what. I wanted to help him, but he wasn't willing to share his two cents.

A question I have is...do text book companies really understand what the average 6 year old is like? Or are they just in it for the money?

I wonder about...how insane the lead up to the Thanksgiving holiday will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment