Friday, November 4, 2011

42

I learned...that sometimes it is best, and okay, to just ignore a child who is having a hard time. It will help the mood pass.

Something great that happened was...being able to talk with the SLP and have her hear my ideas and concerns about Malachi's processing issues and then have her get excited that I had/had experience with CAPD. I felt like a real professional.

Something challenging that happened was...having Malachi deliberately defy my instructions several times today, it was a real struggle to not get into a power struggle but also exert my power. 

A question I have is...what do you do when a behavior plan isn't motivating a child at all?

I wonder about...how insane they'll be next week with it being a three day week and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment