Thursday, November 10, 2011

47

I learned...that I can successfully teach an entire day's lessons and manage the class!

Something great that happened was...I did it! I ran the classroom from arrival to dismissal, without my supervising teacher and only a sub, (who honestly wasn't more than a warm body).

Something challenging that happened was... essentially being the only teacher in the room. Having to deal with conflicts and behavior issues alone, and try to teach everything, somethings for the first time (when did handwriting get so involved!)

A question I have is...how in the world do teacher's run a classroom of 19 kids without an aid or an intern to be there as support?

I wonder about...if I really did well today, did they learn what I was trying to teach, did they understand my expectations...

No comments:

Post a Comment