Thursday, November 10, 2011

55

I learned...that it's totally fine to call for help when you need it. Even if you think you can do the problem, nothing wrong in showing you can ask for the help that is available to you.

Something great that happened was...I taught my students something I learned from my teacher when I was in second grade. It felt great to pass on something that I loved and clearly still remembered!

Something challenging that happened was...being stretched in 18 different directions today during mapping. Oy!

A question I have is...is it appropriate that many of the kids have no idea where the continents go, even when looking at a map? If so, why teach a concept they aren't ready to grasp?

I wonder about...if the class will remember things I teach them when they're 23, just like I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment