Thursday, September 22, 2011

13

I learned...that field day is truly a great way to build community and have a fun day.

Something great that happened was...I led morning meeting and despite the insane excitement over field day I was able to manage them and hold a great morning meeting!

Something challenging that happened was...Connor bolting during our playground time at field day, in the rain. Scariest 20 seconds of my life chasing after him at breakneck speed in a parking lot.

A question I have is...why one minute everything is okay in the mind of a child on the spectrum and one minute it isn't - how do you anticipate the those sudden changes when the triggers vary so greatly.

I wonder about...all the ways the students engaged in learning activities today during field day. I know it was more than a fun day, but also a day of learning, they just didn't realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment